Friday, March 11, 2011

Malaysian Golden Arowana

Hye guys, this is my first post for this month , =D , feel like talking about arowana today , but not any Arowana ok ! Its Malaysian Golden Arowana ( my proud and beautiful country ^.^ ) . Every fish lovers will know about Arowana of course, its one of the most high price ornamental fish and every fish lover also deserve to KNOW the most beautiful Arowana comes from Malaysia and its called Malaysian Golden Arowana , some ppl may refer it to Gold Crossback, Blue Malayan or Bukit Merah Blue ( source:wikipedia ) but as locals we call it the BLUE BASE and certainly this is the type of breed native in Malaysia. The reason this Arowana is special is because the color is Gold in color and can see blue-ish or puple-ish from side too =) absolutely beautiful ! its very easy to tell the differences from the other species arowana cause other arowana commonly from Indonesia will be red color , banjar red, red tail , chilli red and etc. If any of you got a pure breed malaysian golden arowana , pls do share it with me cause it really HARD to find one . I not talking about indonesian arowana k. =D
Some common sickness with this fish are drop eye and curl gill.

As usual let me share some photos on our proud Malaysian Golden :

I got these pics from the net coz i cant afford one ! and i havent met a fren that like fishes.. hehe =p
but anway guys look at the lovely body and tail , no traces of RED , now u guys understand why is this fish so precious and beautiful, now you see what we got in Malaysia? =)

1 comment:

  1. Yo bro,
    I just found your blog.
    Like you, I too don't fancy Indon Red Aro, I prefer the Malaysian Gold...but too expensive leh.
    I haven't reared any aquarium fishes in my life but am planning to do so.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete